About the Program
In collaboration with Amazon’s AWS Educate and the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), this course explores cloud computing models and Amazon Web Services (AWS) fundamentals.
- Any engineering, polytechnic, or computer science student
- Students interested in cloud computing basics and innovating technology
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of any web browser
- AWS Educate Membership: Instructions will be provide by ASAP team members on how to register with the provided email address.
Timeline: 4 weeks from the date of enrollment
The AWS Educate program (“AWS Educate”) is Amazon’s global initiative to provide students and educators with the resources needed to greatly accelerate cloud-related learning and to help power the workforce of tomorrow. The program offers a robust set of no-cost tools, resources, and AWS Promotional Credits for students and educators to skill up on the cloud.
Student receive several benefits upon approval into AWS Educate:
- AWS Promotional Credits to explore AWS tools and service
- Specialized content & hands-on activities designed to get students comfortable with the basic of cloud computing
- Access to 12 Cloud Career Pathways covering in-demand topics such as machine learning, cybersecurity, and software development, each with 30+ hours of content
- Ability to earn AWS badges for different competencies such as IoT, gaming, and Alexa skills
- The AWS Educate job board with job and internship opportunities from Amazon and other companies in the AWS Partner network
Student interaction with AWS Educate is focused initially on learning pathways to enable students to understand AWS technology and how these skills relate to in-demand career opportunities.
To learn more about the AWS Educate program, visit www.awseducate.com
The Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) , a joint initiative of the General and Higher Education Departments, was launched with an objective to impart quality skill education to the higher secondary/ undergraduate students alongside their regular curriculum. Owing to the success of the program attained over the years, the target group is widened to professional colleges and is now set to kick off community skilling through the Community Skill Parks.
ASAP’s inclusive skilling approach has paved way to innovative initiatives in the skilling arena. Funded by Asian Development Bank, ASAP has now spread out its contour to 1,210 educational institutions across the state in higher secondary, arts and science colleges, engineering colleges and polytechnics. Since its inception, ASAP has trained 1,63,944 students in more than 100 courses from different sectors.
The fast evolving world of technology is dominating work places like never before. Fourth generation industry is already here and is placing heavy demand upon the education system. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chains, virtual reality and cloud based computing have already become a norm in the industry rather than an exception. There is an urgent need for the technical education system to prepare its graduates for the future industry that demand new skill sets and competencies.
ASAP has started an initiative to cover the skill gap of engineering graduates through ASDC. ASDC acquaints the students with in-demand skills like artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics etc. ASDC’s are established in 66 engineering colleges and 45 polytechnics across the state.
Students will be able to understand the fundamental concepts of cloud computing, networking, cybersecutity, and data analysis on the cloud. The objective of launching the Cloud Computing Literacy Program is to lay the technical foundation of cloud computing for the students.
Skills in cloud computing are beneficial for students’ professional development opportunities, including roles in innovative and advanced career scopes.
- The program enables students to understand the fundamentals of cloud computing. After successful completion, learners will receive an AWS Educate Cloud Badge.
- Each student from an AWS Educate member institution is eligible to receive AWS Promotional Credit on enrollment.
ASAP will provide the step by step process to join the program at the college level. Students will require @skillparkkerala domain email IDs to join the program. ASAP team will also provide the domain email id to the students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the duration of the course?
A: Cloud Literacy course will require 8 to 10 hours to complete.
Q: How can we enroll into the course?
A: All students must first enroll into AWS Educate.
Q: How can we use the AWS Promotional credits?
A: AWS Promotional Credits can be used to run various services on the AWS Cloud.
Q: Is the AWS cloud badge useful for applying to Jobs?
A: Students successfully completing learning paths on AWS Educate can apply for jobs posted on the AWS Educate Job Board.
A more detailed list of Frequently Asked Questions have been provided in the following link –