Assistant Beauty Therapist (QP: BWS/Q0101)
Beauty and Wellness
The beauty and wellness industry has gained remarkable growth in India and its present size is estimated to be Rs. 80,370 crore. The sector is thriving on the increasing section of affluent and middle-class population that has started considering beauty and wellness as a necessity. Increased emphasis on a holistic well-being with people’s desire to look good and young are other motivators for the industry. The rapid growth in beauty and wellness sector industry has led to a huge demand for skilled and trained personnel in the industry.
The course shall equip successful trainees/students with skills required to perform the basics of beauty therapy, undertake health and hygiene measures, ensure safety and gain awareness about various beauty products. It will also equip the student to perform basic skin care treatment, waxing techniques, manicure and pedicure, basic face care services like facials, massaging services, and also to assist the beautician in providing advanced beauty services.
Desirable Personal Traits:
· Effective communication and consultation skills
· Basic service aptitude.
· Good hand eye coordination and attention to detail
· Ability to work in standing position
· Ability to learn quickly
· Interested in beauty care services
· Personal and workplace hygiene
Job prospects: Assistant Beautician
150 hours of internship with leading beauty salons and spas
Assessment and Certification:
Continuous assessment is carried out by the Training Service Provider and final assessment by an independent assessor, assigned by the Sector Skill Council. Certificate will be issued by Government of Kerala and the Sector Skill Council, to successful trainees.
· Students enrolled in Plus One in any stream;/Students enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor’s Degree course in any stream;
· Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview’.