Certificate Course in Press
The Indian printing industry is increasingly being driven by growth in packaging and labels. The print media also continues to grow at a healthy annual pace of 4%. As its growth trends continue to be well over the world averages, in print volume terms, India is set to become the 5th largest market by 2018 moving up 5 notches from its present 10th slot. Therein lays a great opportunity for the Indian & international print suppliers. The publishing printing market size is supposed to grow from Rs. 20,859 crore in 2012 to 27,607 crore in 2017 with population increase, rising literacy rates and a growing economy.
The course shall equip successful trainees with skills required to load paper, monitor ink distribution, maintain the machinery, undertake final bindings, undertake preventive maintenance, use printing software and estimate printing costs
Desirable Personality Traits:
· Good eyesight
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work independently
Job prospects: Press Operator, Press Technician
150 hours of internship at leading printing presses and associations
Assessment and Certification:
Continuous assessment is carried out by the Training Service Provider and final assessment by an independent assessor, assigned by the Sector Skill Council. Certificate will be issued by Government of Kerala and the Sector Skill Council, to successful trainees.
· Male Students enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor’s Degree course in any stream
· Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview’
· Male Students enrolled in Plus One in any stream;/ Male Students enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor’s Degree course in any stream;
· Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview