Dental Assistant (QP: HSS/Q2401)
The health care industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries, and which form an enormous part of country’s economy. Health care is one of India’s largest service sectors both in terms of revenue and employment. India’s primary competitive advantage lies in its largest pool of well trained-skilled medical professionals.
A major component of the health care sector is the dental industry. The potential size of the India’s dental market is vast and is expected to become one of the largest single country markets for dental services, products and materials which offer new employment too.
The course shall equip successful trainees with skills required to assist dentists in performing dental procedures in a timely, efficient and safe manner and to prepare and support patients for treatments. Key training areas shall include preparing work area for treatment, assisting dentists in undertaking clinical procedures, managing work schedules, maintaining safe and healthy work environments, following waste disposal protocols and infection control procedures,and several other procedures involved in the delivery of dental care and treatment.
Desirable Personal Traits:
· Ability to work in collaboration with team members.
· Interest to deliver the health care services as per the directions.
· Result oriented personality
· Ability to demonstrate clinical skills, communication skills, and ethical behavior.
· Ability to perform duties in calm, reassuring and efficient manner
· Good communication and consultation skills
Job prospects: Dental Assistant
150 hours of internship at dental clinics and hospitals
Assessment and Certification:
Continuous assessment is carried out by the Training Service Provider and final assessment by an independent assessor, assigned by the Sector Skill Council. Certificate will be issued by Government of Kerala and the Sector Skill Council, to successful trainees.
80% attendance is mandatory for final assessment, certification & internship.
· Students enrolled in Plus One in any stream;
· Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview’