Emergency Medical Technician Basic (QP: HSS/Q2301)
The health care industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries, and which form an enormous part of country’s economy. Health care is one of India’s largest service sectors both in terms of revenue and employment. India’s primary competitive advantage lies in its largest pool of well trained-skilled medical professionals. There is a significant scope for the health care employees while considering the fact that there is substantial growth in health care industry.
The course shall equip successful trainees with skills required to provide emergency medical support and care to individuals who are critically ill or injured and transport them to a medical facility within stipulated time limits. They shall be trained to respond to emergency calls, manage medical emergencies, transport the patients, collate and communicate information, assess patient at the site, manage allergic reactions, to manage the environmental emergency, manage mass causality incidents and infection control procedures. This skill course will also enable the trainee to understand various other medical procedure and services to take care of a patient or an emergency situation.
Desirable Personal Traits:
· Ability to work in a team
· Ability in making decisions in working area with a team
· Ability to maintain composure in extremely stressful conditions
· Ability to assess the medical situations and to perform emergency life saving procedures
· Ability to work in a clam, reassuring and efficient manner.
· Ability to work calmly and with composure in extremely stressful situations and take right decisions during emergencies
· Ability to work in rotational shifts
· Career Options:
Job prospects: Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic
150 hours of internship at hospitals, nursing homes or diagnostics centers
Assessment and Certification:
Continuous assessment is carried out by the Training Service Provider and final assessment by an independent assessor, assigned by the Sector Skill Council. Certificate will be issued by Government of Kerala and the Sector Skill Council, to successful trainees.
80% attendance is mandatory for final assessment, certification & internship.
· Students enrolled in Plus One in science stream;
Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview’.