Field Engineer – Refrigerator, Air Conditioner and Washing machine (QP:ELE/Q3105)
India’s consumer electronics and durables market is divided into three segments – white goods (ACs washing machines and refrigerators), brown goods (microwaves, juicers and iron) and consumer electronics (TV sets, laptops, cellphones and other electronic accessories), The market for white goods (Refrigerator, AC and Washing Machine) has been rising over the last few years and is estimated to grow at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18% between 2014 and 2020.
This course shall equip the successful trainees with the skills to install the refrigerators, air conditioners and washing machines and provide post-sales service to the customers. On completion of the course, the successful trainees shall be proficient with diagnosing the problem, assessing the possible causes and rectifying minor problems or replacing the faulty modules for failed parts or providing recommendation for factory repairs for bigger faults.
Desirable Personal Traits:
· Physical fitness and willingness to work in field settings
· Action-oriented and problem-solving abilities
· Good decision making abilities
· Strong inter-personal relations and customer service orientation
Job Prospects: Field Engineer-RACW, Field Technician etc.
150 hours of internship with leading electronic companies
Assessment and Certification:
Continuous assessment is carried out by the Training Service Provider and final assessment by an independent assessor, assigned by the Sector Skill Council. Certificate will be issued by Government of Kerala and the Sector Skill Council, to successful trainees.
· Male Students enrolled in Plus One in science stream; / Male Students enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor’s Degree course in science stream;
· Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview’.