Sports Coach (QP: SPF/Q1101)
The sports industry has been regarded as the next big industry in India. Boosted by initiatives such as professional leagues of developed sports (for example Indian Premiere League for Cricket), commercialization of underdeveloped sports (for example Prokabbadi for Kabbadi), and increased corporate sector investments, sports industry is expected to grow at a faster rate in a shorter time frame. The growth and development of the Indian sport industry is creating a variety of career options such as athletes, sports coaches, fitness trainers, event managers, sponsorship officers etc.
The course shall equip successful trainees with the knowledge and skills required to direct, instruct and conduct training for sports teams or individual sport enthusiasts. On completion of the course, the successful trainees shall become proficient in planning, preparing schedules and activities, delivery of instructions and monitoring of coaching programmes and sessions
Desirable Personal Traits:
· Good Health Fitness and Stamina
· Good communication skills
· Passion for sports and fitness
Job prospects: Sports Coach, Sports Teacher, Sports instructor.
150 hours of internship in sports industry, health and fitness clubs.
Assessment and Certification:
Continuous assessment is carried out by the Training Service Provider and final assessment by an independent assessor, assigned by the Sector Skill Council. Certificate will be issued by Government of Kerala and the Sector Skill Council, to successful trainees.
· Students enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor’s Degree course in any stream;
· Students who have successfully completed ‘Aptitude Test’ and ‘Personal Interview’
· Students must have participated in district/ state level in any sport, should have basic knowledge 2-3 other sports