ASAP Malappuram partners with Thavanoor Grama Panchayat, Ponnani Municipality to roll out skill programmes
ASAP Kerala is extremely delighted to associate with Thavanoor Grama Panchayat and Ponnani Municipality of Malappuram district to implement skill development programmes, curated especially for Anganwadi workers, women and youth. The skilling model shall impart training to women to make them employable. The initiative endeavours to enable them to earn a livelihood and acquire certification.
ASAP Malappuram is partnering with the Ponnani Municipality for ‘Skill Tech Ponnani’. The following courses will be offered exclusively to women:
- Hello English (Basic proficiency in English): The 100-hour course will be offered to 120 women to learn the basics of the English language
- Lady Baker (Craft baker): This 150-hour course has been curated to train 50 women in mastering the art of baking.
- Smart Lady (Mobile handset repair course for ladies): This 163-hour course will be offered to 25 women to learn the nuances of mobile handset repairing
- RPL (Recognition for prior learning): This professional bridge programme will be offered to 25 plumbers currently working in the unorganised sector to certify them so they can qualify to work in the organised sector
- P-CAT (Ponnani Career Aptitude Test): This will be a psychometric test for which 1000 applicants can appear to test their aptitude and competence.
ASAP Malappuram will also be implementing ‘Skill Tech Thavanoor’ with Thavanoor Grama Panchayat to offer the following three contemporary courses:
- Child Care Aid: This 40-hour course is designed for Anganwadi workers of all the 31 Anganwadis under the panchayat.
- GST with Tally Training: This 106-hour course will be offered to 25 youth who have cleared plus-two.
- Digital Marketing: This 125-hour course will be offered to 25 youths with plus-two and above qualification.