The course aims to equip learners on ways to support lawyers in litigation, understand documentation, manage depositions, and prepare case files and e-filing related to litigation. Students will also be taught about how to review and draft different types of contracts, how to find clauses that are favourable for or against the client and manage documents.View More
The Management & Entrepreneurship and Professional Skills Council (MEPSC) is a Sectoral Skills Council (SSC) created under the Skill India Initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation. It is a not-for-profit company where the Government of India, through the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), holds 49% shares.
● Young lawyers who want to learn and work as paralegal associates for Indian and US law firms
● Freshers looking to gain experience in serving international clients
● Law students and young lawyers looking to improve their communication and social media skills to get placed with law firms
● Practising advocates who want to gain insights into litigation work in the US, apart from improving their communication skills
● CA/ CS students interested in securing paralegal work from Indian and US law firms
● Students will learn about communication in a structured manner. The kind of language to be used in formal and informal communications, use of appropriate words to convey thoughts etc.
● Draft effective emails
● Communicate efficiently over WhatsApp, telephone calls as well as video conferencing meetings.
● Efficiently assist lawyers with daily tasks and contribute towards increased efficiency and productivity.
● Manage documents in detail – background analysis, drafting, reviewing, arranging for execution, storage and renewals.
● Review contracts and find clauses favourable for clients
● Understand the US legal system and the types of lawyer roles.
● Covering documentation for discoveries, managing depositions, preparation of case files and e-filing related to litigation.
● Startup in India and US who regularly need legal help but cannot afford a regular lawyer
● Large companies who have an in-house legal department and are looking to hire virtual legal assistants on a project basis during transactions or to manage specific documents in bulk
● Small and medium sized law firms with high utility in paralegal tasks
● Large legal firms willing to hire legal assistants on a temporary or project basis.
● Small businesses around the world looking for legal help to review contracts.
● This course will arm you with skills that are in general not taught to lawyers but are helpful in managing a law firm such as managing the social media presence of the law firm and the billing and financial MIS.
● Good communication skills are a rarity – even experienced lawyers can have difficulty in using the right kind of language for different methods of communication and this course will provide structured training in communication.
● Often lawyers struggle with documentation management for their clients due to lack of time to organise and store these at the right place. A paralegal will be equipped to manage these tasks.
● Litigators in the US can often need the help of paralegals to complete routine forms. If you know exactly how to complete which form, it can fetch you a lot of freelance assignments. This is a very high-value skill being taught by this course.
● Experienced lawyers struggle with maintaining their presence on social media because of a time crunch. This course helps to provide this highly in-demand skill.
● The course is tough and intensive. Certificates will only be awarded on the completion of the required number of assignments. Students will have to invest 5-6 hours per week in developing skills, in addition to attending the classes of the course