With the advent of market oriented approach to banking, globalization, financial sector reforms and competition in the financial sector, finance/ banking professional face the challenge to continuously innovate and improve their products and services. This calls for excellence in the performance and specialization. One of the areas which are crucial to banks performance and profits is Treasury, which Bank has to educate and train a number of staff. The Institute has therefore introduced the Diploma & Treasury, Investment and Risk Management to help the staff of financial institutions to acquire the required competence.
3-month internship* with placement assistance will be provided in Wealth Management area under Wealth Management Services (WMS). (Possible job roles include: Financial advisor, wealth manager, corporate counsellor, client servicing agent; with estimated starting salary range of Rs. 15-22.5 K per month). *@ extra discounted cost of Rs.5500/-
Money Market -Capital Markets – Foreign Exchange Markets- Debt Markets and Fixed Income Securities- Interest Rate Quotations and Market Terminology – Derivatives
Liquidity Management – Risk Analysis and Control – Front Office/ Mid Office/ Back Office – Regulations, Supervision and Compliance of Treasury Operations – Role of Information Technology in Treasury Management –
Risk Management Process – Setting Up a Risk Organization – Assets Liabilities Management – Some Important Concepts- Understanding Basel Accord and Its Implications
Risk management professionals are expected to possess excellent analytical skills, and should be comfortable with understanding and interpreting data and taking risk-based decisions across the entity. A grasp of business, and the specific sector they work in, are also important as this helps in making better-informed decisions to benefit the organization. People skills such as communication, diplomacy and negotiation are also valued highly, as risk professionals often need to engage with different stakeholders who have distinct requirements and constraints that need to be addressed. Traditionally, risk management was limited in scope to finance and insurance. However, events like the financial crisis, the Covid-19 pandemic and multiple corporate failures, have brought the need and importance of enterprise risk management to the forefront. Salaries for risk analysts can range from INR 51 thousand to INR 10 lakh per annum, while remuneration for risk managers ranges between INR 10-20 lakh per annum.
1. Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
2. Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
3. Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in a attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination.
1. Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
2. Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
3. Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for first attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears at any examination or otherwise.
Examination will be conducted in English only.
(i) Question Paper will contain 100 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies/ case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject
(ii) The examination will be held in Online Mode only
(iii) There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM(5 days a week)