The course is designed to create a deeper appreciation of the creative processes involved in visual arts. This course reviews two and three-dimensional art forms, methods and media, examines the visual elements and principles of design, and briefly surveys art styles from prehistoric to contemporary art.View More
- Course Introduction: Five-step system
- What is art
- Role of artists
- Art history
- Fundamentals of Art- Line/ Shape/ Colour etc.
- Language and Styles of Art: Form and Content/ Meaning/ Artistic Styles- Representational, Non Representational, Realistic & Abstract
- Pre-classical phase to Classical Phase Architecture & Sculpture
- Pre-classical period: Mauryan Shunga and Kushan
- Classical Period – Gupta and Post-Gupta
Prehistoric to Mural Tradition:
- Architecture and Painting during Mughal Period
No, placement assistance will not be provided. However, we shall guide you with appropriate career options and prospective employers.
Weekends – 1.5 hours/day
Upon completion of this course, participants shall be able to:
- Identify and describe a body of art works (individually and collectively) in the creative arts.
- Learn about individual artists and their role in society.
- Appraise the role of diversity (gender, nationality, ethnicity, politics, and religious beliefs) in the development of visual culture – past, present, and future.
- The course will also enable to approach the Work of Art through a systemic way to explore its aesthetic appeal and value. It shall include Description, Analysis, Context, Meaning, and Judgement.
- Participants successfully completing the course shall be offered fellowships/ Internships at Amuseum Gallery of Modern Art and other Museums and Galleries in India and abroad.
- The course will be helpful in future studies in art and humanities including Fine Arts, Cinema, Animation, Photography, Theatre, Designing, Architecture, Museology and Art History courses.
- The course will enhance the aesthetic knowledge useful in Cinema, Animation, Photography, Theatre Performances, Designing, Architecture, Creative writing etc.