The course is designed to create a deeper appreciation of the creative processes involved in visual arts. This course reviews two and three-dimensional art forms, methods and media, examines the visual elements and principles of design, and briefly surveys art styles from prehistoric to contemporary art.View More
- Course Introduction: Five-step system
- What is art
- Role of artists
- Art history
- Fundamentals of Art- Line/ Shape/ Colour etc.
- Language and Styles of Art: Form and Content/ Meaning/ Artistic Styles- Representational, Non Representational, Realistic & Abstract
- Pre-classical phase to Classical Phase Architecture & Sculpture
- Pre-classical period: Mauryan Shunga and Kushan
- Classical Period – Gupta and Post-Gupta
Prehistoric to Mural Tradition:
- Architecture and Painting during Mughal Period
No, placement assistance will not be provided. However, we shall guide you with appropriate career options and prospective employers.
Weekends – 1.5 hours/day
Upon completion of this course, participants shall be able to:
- Identify and describe art works (individually and collectively) in the creative art space.
- Learn about individual artists and their role in society.
- Appraise the role of diversity (gender, nationality, ethnicity, politics, and religious beliefs) in the development of visual culture – past, present, and future.
- Approach the work of art through a systemic way to explore its aesthetic appeal and value. It shall include description, analysis, context, meaning, and judgement.
- Apply for fellowships/ internships at the Amuseum Gallery of Modern Art and other Museums and Galleries in India and abroad.The course will aid in pursuing studies in the arts and humanities domain, including fine arts, cinema, animation, photography, theatre, designing, architecture, museology and art history courses. The course will enhance aesthetic knowledge useful in cinema, animation, photography, theatre performances, designing, architecture, creative writing, etc