നിയമ വ്യവഹാരത്തിൽ അഭിഭാഷകരെ പിന്തുണയ്ക്കുന്നതിനും ഡോക്യുമെൻ്റേഷൻ മനസ്സിലാക്കുന്നതിനും നിക്ഷേപങ്ങൾ കൈകാര്യം ചെയ്യുന്നതിനും കേസ് ഫയലുകളും വ്യവഹാരവുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട ഇ-ഫയലിംഗും തയ്യാറാക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള വഴികളിൽ പഠിതാക്കളെ സജ്ജരാക്കാനാണ് കോഴ്സ് ലക്ഷ്യമിടുന്നത്. വിവിധ തരത്തിലുള്ള കരാറുകൾ എങ്ങനെ അവലോകനം ചെയ്യാമെന്നും ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റ് ചെയ്യാമെന്നും ക്ലയൻ്റിന് അനുകൂലമോ പ്രതികൂലമോ ആയ ക്ലോസുകൾ എങ്ങനെ കണ്ടെത്താമെന്നും ഡോക്യുമെൻ്റുകൾ കൈകാര്യം ചെയ്യാമെന്നും വിദ്യാർത്ഥികളെ പഠിപ്പിക്കും.View More
The Management & Entrepreneurship and Professional Skills Council (MEPSC) is a Sectoral Skills Council (SSC) created under the Skill India Initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation. It is a not-for-profit company where the Government of India, through the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), holds 49% shares.
● Young lawyers who want to learn and work as paralegal associates for Indian and US law firms
● Freshers looking to gain experience in serving international clients
● Law students and young lawyers looking to improve their communication and social media skills to get placed with law firms
● Practising advocates who want to gain insights into litigation work in the US, apart from improving their communication skills
● CA/ CS students interested in securing paralegal work from Indian and US law firms
● Students will learn about communication in a structured manner. The kind of language to be used in formal and informal communications, use of appropriate words to convey thoughts etc.
● Draft effective emails
● Communicate efficiently over WhatsApp, telephone calls as well as video conferencing meetings.
● Efficiently assist lawyers with daily tasks and contribute towards increased efficiency and productivity.
● Manage documents in detail – background analysis, drafting, reviewing, arranging for execution, storage and renewals.
● Review contracts and find clauses favourable for clients
● Understand the US legal system and the types of lawyer roles.
● Covering documentation for discoveries, managing depositions, preparation of case files and e-filing related to litigation.
● Startup in India and US who regularly need legal help but cannot afford a regular lawyer
● Large companies who have an in-house legal department and are looking to hire virtual legal assistants on a project basis during transactions or to manage specific documents in bulk
● Small and medium sized law firms with high utility in paralegal tasks
● Large legal firms willing to hire legal assistants on a temporary or project basis.
● Small businesses around the world looking for legal help to review contracts.
● This course will arm you with skills that are in general not taught to lawyers but are helpful in managing a law firm such as managing the social media presence of the law firm and the billing and financial MIS.
● Good communication skills are a rarity – even experienced lawyers can have difficulty in using the right kind of language for different methods of communication and this course will provide structured training in communication.
● Often lawyers struggle with documentation management for their clients due to lack of time to organise and store these at the right place. A paralegal will be equipped to manage these tasks.
● Litigators in the US can often need the help of paralegals to complete routine forms. If you know exactly how to complete which form, it can fetch you a lot of freelance assignments. This is a very high-value skill being taught by this course.
● Experienced lawyers struggle with maintaining their presence on social media because of a time crunch. This course helps to provide this highly in-demand skill.
● The course is tough and intensive. Certificates will only be awarded on the completion of the required number of assignments. Students will have to invest 5-6 hours per week in developing skills, in addition to attending the classes of the course